PAU associate prof dies as his car falls into canal
- Arvind Kejriwal lands in Mumbai; takes auto to board local train
- Sahara group moves Supreme Court, seeks immediate release of Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Chhattisgarh: Maoists kill 15 security personnel in biggest attack in 3 years
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
An associate professor of PAU died after his car fell into Sidhwan canal along southern bypass on Sunday evening.
The incident happened about 5 pm when Davinder Singh, 44, was going towards Rajgarh Estates along the Sidhwan canal road to see his under-construction house. However, his car spun out of control and it fell straight into the canal.
Incidentally, an ASI, Gyan Singh, was passing by when the car fell into the canal. He quickly jumped inside the canal but by the time he took out Davinder, he was already dead.
Singh is survived by his wife and two children.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held