PAU brawl: Outsiders entered campus with swords, say employees
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
A late night brawl took place at Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) on Friday after two parties reportedly clashed at the type 14 employee flats of PAU, following which around 15 men, some with swords, entered the campus through gate number 4 and created a ruckus.
An eyewitness and GADVASU employee, who lives in one of those flats, on condition of anonymity, told Ludhiana Newsline, "One of the residents, Bunty, quarreled with a Nepalese employee of GADVASU two days back, after the latter in an inebriated condition hurled abuses outside his house. The situation was somehow brought under control, that day. But on Friday, the Nepalese called some outsiders to threaten Bunty and they entered our area with swords". He added, "They came in around 6.30 pm and police were informed around 7 pm. They entered the campus at 9 pm, where the situation turned violent".