PAU brawl: Outsiders entered campus with swords, say employees
- Election Live: Narendra Modi addresses rally in Purnia, attacks Third Front
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A late night brawl took place at Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) on Friday after two parties reportedly clashed at the type 14 employee flats of PAU, following which around 15 men, some with swords, entered the campus through gate number 4 and created a ruckus.
An eyewitness and GADVASU employee, who lives in one of those flats, on condition of anonymity, told Ludhiana Newsline, "One of the residents, Bunty, quarreled with a Nepalese employee of GADVASU two days back, after the latter in an inebriated condition hurled abuses outside his house. The situation was somehow brought under control, that day. But on Friday, the Nepalese called some outsiders to threaten Bunty and they entered our area with swords". He added, "They came in around 6.30 pm and police were informed around 7 pm. They entered the campus at 9 pm, where the situation turned violent".
Police had a different story to narrate. ASI Pavitar Singh of PAU Police Station, "We were informed about the brawl at around 9 pm. We immediately reached the spot and investigated the matter. We still have not received any evidence regarding outsiders entering the campus with swords. A case will be filed after investigation".
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress