PAU inks pact with Mexico organisation
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre (CIMMYT), Mexico, recently to facilitate post-graduate research. Dr Baldev Singh Dhillon, PAU Vice-Chancellor, and R E Duveiller, director research, South Asia (CIMMYT), signed the MoU.
Dr Dhillon said under the pact, CIMMYT would award scholarships to enable MSc and PhD students of PAU to carry out research activities in conservation of agriculture. The scholarship will be initially for a period of one year but extendable to a maximum duration of 24 months.
He said the students would work at designated CIMMYT adaptive research sites in collaboration with a CIMMYT scientist as assigned by the country liaison officer, CIMMYT, India.