PAU invites applications for Innovative Farmersí Awards
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
The Directorate of Extension Education of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has invited applications from the state farmers for the "Innovative Farmer Awards 2013", to be conferred during PAU Kisan Mela in March 2013. Five awards, carrying cash prizes, plaques and citations will be bestowed upon the innovative farmers for their excellence in agriculture and horticulture.
Dr M S Gill, director of extension education, said the "Chief Minister Award in Agriculture", carrying a cash prize of Rs 25,000, would be given to a self-cultivating farmer of field crops in the state of Punjab. The "Chief Minister Award in Horticulture", carrying a cash prize of Rs 25,000, would be awarded to a self-cultivating farmer of horticulture crops in Punjab.