PAU invites applications for Innovative Farmersí Awards
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The Directorate of Extension Education of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has invited applications from the state farmers for the "Innovative Farmer Awards 2013", to be conferred during PAU Kisan Mela in March 2013. Five awards, carrying cash prizes, plaques and citations will be bestowed upon the innovative farmers for their excellence in agriculture and horticulture.
Dr M S Gill, director of extension education, said the "Chief Minister Award in Agriculture", carrying a cash prize of Rs 25,000, would be given to a self-cultivating farmer of field crops in the state of Punjab. The "Chief Minister Award in Horticulture", carrying a cash prize of Rs 25,000, would be awarded to a self-cultivating farmer of horticulture crops in Punjab.