PAU invites applications for Innovative Farmersí Awards
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
The Directorate of Extension Education of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has invited applications from the state farmers for the "Innovative Farmer Awards 2013", to be conferred during PAU Kisan Mela in March 2013. Five awards, carrying cash prizes, plaques and citations will be bestowed upon the innovative farmers for their excellence in agriculture and horticulture.
Dr M S Gill, director of extension education, said the "Chief Minister Award in Agriculture", carrying a cash prize of Rs 25,000, would be given to a self-cultivating farmer of field crops in the state of Punjab. The "Chief Minister Award in Horticulture", carrying a cash prize of Rs 25,000, would be awarded to a self-cultivating farmer of horticulture crops in Punjab.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past