Paver blocks to give way to concrete
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
In the island city, consultants have been appointed to check viability of concretising 73 paver block junctions. "Some of the junctions may be dropped. We have surveyed the underground utilities and submitted our remarks to consultants. We have suggested that the underground utilities be placed in ducts. It will take about a month to finalise the plan. We hope once concretised, the roads will not be excavated for at least 25 years," said an official of the BMC roads department.