Pawan Bansal felicitated by UT
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Union Minister for Railways Pawan Kumar Bansal on Saturday gave assurance that the facilities at Chandigarh Railway Station will be upgraded.
As many as four escalators will be installed. Connectivity of the city will be increased. Also, he said, Unchahar Express will ply throughout the year, and not be stalled for two months as is done every year.
He was speaking at a function organized to felicitate him at Tagore Theatre. Around 100 organizations in the city, including residents' welfare associations, social, religious and sports organizations, etc gathered to honour him for taking over as the Railways Minister. A cultural programme was presented by school students.
Bansal assured the gathering that he would expedite the projects that are in the pipeline. Some organizations gave a list of demands to Bansal that included new rail links, increased connectivity and upgradation of the station.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties