Pawar, Patel to campaign for NCP on Dec 10
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Top leaders of NCP, which is contesting a dozen Assembly seats in Gujarat, will hit the campaign trail on December 10.
"Our national leaders like Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel, Tariq Anwar and others shall be in Gujarat on December 10 to campaign for the election," state NCP spokesperson Jagdish Chandra Dafna said.
The party, which has poll alliance with Congress in some of the seats, said it was contesting the election, to be held on December 13 and 17, to oust the BJP from power.
"We have an alliance with Congress as the objective is to oust BJP. But, the alliance is only for five seats and on seven others, the party has fielded its own candidates," he said.
"As the process of alliance was taking place in Delhi there were some issues related to Gujarat, which led to discontent amongst the candidates here," Dafna said, adding "that's why we decided to go solo on certain seats".
The party also released a 10-point "chargesheet" against the BJP-ruled state government, which it claimed is a compilation of key issues raised by NGOs and people from various sections of the society.
NCP has fielded the son of "Godmother" Santokben Jadeja from Kutiyana Assembly constituency in Porbandar district.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties