Pawar’s jibe at Chavan: ‘Stick to problems in Maharashtra’
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Monday trained his guns on Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan when he said that instead of worrying about Gujarat, Chavan should tackle the problems in Maharashtra.
"I wonder why Chavan should be so concerned about Gujarat when there are so many problems in Maharashtra. I did not know that he has been entrusted the additional duties of Gujarat," he said.
Pawar has been unhappy with the Congress as it had fielded candidates against NCP in nine seats in the Gujarat Assembly polls. He had threatened to break the alliance over the issue.
Last week, Chavan took a dig at Pawar when he said, "If they want to break the alliance with the Congress and sit in the Opposition with NDA, it is fine."
When Pawar was told about Chavan's observations, he explained, "My objections to the Congress and NCP alliance was confined to Gujarat. I was speaking about the developments in Gujarat Assembly elections where NCP was betrayed by Congress."
At the state level, NCP leaders have been wondering that if the Congress continues such betrayal it would be difficult for them to trust the alliance. However, the state Congress has been effectively countering the NCP by listing out several such instances in past where they had dishonoured alliance or worked against their official candidates in local bodies elections.
Chavan's comment against NCP has not gone well with the ministers who have reported to Pawar.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress