Pay Per View
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
It may have come to light only now but producers have been paying multiplexes for running the promos for almost a year. I paid for Tezz last year and I have noticed many similar instances with other producers.
Multiplexes are businesses, much like ours and they decide to charge for showcasing theatrical promos. But this is very wrong. Theatre owners do not realise we are running promos of films that we will show in these very theatres. Then why charge us for it? We are merely trying to bring an audience to watch our film by paying for it to the theatre owners. Then why are we being penalised for what will benefit them?
In the film industry, where independent, and small-budget films are being promoted, this rule is going to hit the makers of such films the most. They make films on shoestring budgets and they have very little money to promote and market their films. Would such a rule not eat into their marketing budget, especially if they wish to reach out to multiple theatre chains in more than one city? Firstly, theatres have high-ticket prices for their films and secondly, they want to make it tougher for these films to get promoted. That is unfair.
But the multiplexes should not assume that paying them for running our promos is the only way we can promote our films. We can actively look at television and new media for doing the same. We are exploring other options and talks are currently ongoing. Television, in fact, has a wider audience and reach, which will
COO – BIG Cinemas
I'd like to clarify that BIG Cinemas isn't charging producers for their promos. I don't believe that any multiplex is charging producers for putting up their promotional material such as posters and standees.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'