Pay property conversion charges or face action: MCD
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) has announced it will initiate sealing procedure and other punitive action against those 'misusing' residential properties unless they deposit the necessary conversion charges within the next 15 days.
According to the civic agency, owners or occupiers of basements being used for commercial or professional activities will need to pay the required additional FAR (floor area ratio) charges along with mixed use charges within this period.
The Masterplan of Delhi 2021 permits certain commercial, professional or other activities in residential properties of some categories.
The Masterplan allows such activities upon "getting the premises registered, payment of annual mixed use charges, one-time parking charges and additional FAR charges (in case of basements) and makes it mandatory for allottees or owners to deposit the applicable charges voluntarily on or before June 30 every year," the civic body stated in a public notice.
Owners of properties who have not paid the charges must do so within the next 15 days to avoid punitive action like paying a penalty up to 10 times the amount of conversion charges as well as sealing action, the civic body has warned.