PCA recommends transfer of two officials for ‘dereliction of duty’
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
The Police Complaints Authority (PCA) recommended the transfer of two police officials and issued a censure notice due to "dereliction of duty, malafides and partisan attitude" as SI Mohan Lal and ASI Gurmeet Singh, did not take action on certain complaints.
The complainant in the case, Sukhpal Singh, a resident of Mohali, stated that he had gone to Sector 56, where his sister-in-law Manjit Kaur resides on November 17, 2011. Police constable Subhash Chander, his wife Mayawati, and sister-in-law Sunita, had been allegedly trying to evict Manjit Kaur from her house forcibly and illegally. When Sukhpal Singh reached, the trio allegedly beat him and snatched his mobile phone. They also assaulted his daughter, Jaspreet.
Singh's statement further claims that his family had received threats and been continuously harassed by the three.
Singh and Jaspreet made a report at the Palsora Police Post, but sub-inspector Mohan Lal did not accept their complaint. When they insisted further, the complainant was taken for a medical examination by ASI Gurmeet Singh. Even so, the medico-legal report was withheld by the ASI.
The next day Sukhpal Singh submitted a complaint at the SSP's public window but never received any reply as to whether a case has been registered.
When called for statements by the PCA, SI Mohan Lal, ASI Gurmeet Singh and constable Subhash Chander denied all allegations.
The PCA order clearly states that no action was taken on the complaints filed by Sukkpal Singh. It has also been mentioned that SI Mohan Lal has been helping the wife of constable Subhash, and that ASI Gurmeet Singh did not do his duty by getting the complainant's injuries examined properly.
PCA has requested the IGP to transfer the SI and the ASI to the police lines and issue them "censure."
They also said while the case of the constable was still being investigated, an action had already been recommended against him.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment