PCB yet to receive 2011 census report, elections may be delayed
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
PCB member Karan Makwani said: "The PCB has written to the DCO, Maharashtra, requesting for a copy of the published census report. There is all likelihood that the elections for 2013 may get postponed. We cannot begin any pre-election process until the census report comes," said a PCB official.
Interestingly, the population of PCB has dropped from 79,965 in 2001 to about 72,000, according to the 2011 census. For the first time, the PCB has planned to introduce photo ID cards for the voters. It has been decided to set up booths in each ward, which will issue photo IDs to the voters. Arti Mahajan, vice-president, PCB said: "We have been issuing voter IDs but this time we plan to issue photo ID cards...to curb bogus voting."