PCCTU holds dharna, demands pension and gratuity benefits
- March 26 campaign roundup: Modi takes it out on Kejriwal, calls him 'Pak agent', then 'Cong agent'
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Satellite spots more than '100 objects' that could be plane debris
- SC holds Akhilesh govt guilty of negligence, orders arrest of all Muzaffarnagar accused
- Battleground Varanasi: Everything you want to know
- SC lashes out at UPA govt for its 'inaction' in bringing back black money
The Joint Action Committee of the Punjab and Chandigarh College Teachers' Union (PCCTU) on Friday sat on a dharna and one-day hunger strike to press their demands.
A total of 21 members sat on the hunger strike and demanded pension and gratuity benefits for the teachers of aided colleges.
Manjit Singh Komal, president of the district unit, said that teaching, non-teaching and even retired teachers joined them in this protest. He said the matter was in court and the next date of hearing was on December 17.