PCMC DIARY: Wakad lake not natural, explains Laxman Jagtap
Following protests from opposition corporators and environmentalists to a resolution passed by the PCMC general body last week to convert a lake at Wakad into a residential zone, MLA Laxman Jagtap, in a press conference on Monday, said the decision was taken in view of the fact that lake was not natural. He said, "The lake is not a natural one. In spite of rainfall, there is no water in the lake. If there is no water formation, how can you call it a lake?" To a query whether the move was aimed at handing over the land to a prominent builder, Jagtap said, "PCMC general body resolution has now gone before the state government. Only if the state gives its approval will the conversion take place."
Sena 'felicitates' official for postponing Teachers' Day event
IN a sarcastic move, the Shiv Sena on Wednesday "felicitated" the PCMC school board administrative officer for postponing the Teachers' Day function. "Instead of Teachers Day teachers are being felicitated on September 8 due to non-availability of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. This is condemnable," said Shiv Sena corporator Shrirang Barne. When contacted, PCMC administrative officer Vishnu Jadhav said, "As per my information, the education board members decided to postpone the programme as both the mayor and the commissioner are in Delhi today...." He, however, said he was "felicitated" as a "representative of teachers".
Corporator Seema Phuge appears before Bhosari police
PCMC corporator Seema Phuge, charged with submitting fake documents for contesting elections from the backward (women's) category in the PCMC polls, on Tuesday surrendered to Bhosari police following Bombay High Court directives. Phuge had been absconding after an offence was registered against her about a month ago. Phuge was elected from a Bhosari ward in February. Later, it was found she had submitted fake certificates. Sudhir Aspat of Bhosari police station said, "She had moved for anticipatory bail in a lower court and later in the High Court. After the order by the HC to cooperate with the investigators, she surrendered. Further action will be taken after primary investigation." ens
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi