PCMC launches probe into SRA flat allotment
- Survivors unlikely onboard missing IAF aircraft AN-32: MoS Defence
- Selfie Gold goes to Sports Minister Vijay Goel but Rio panel isn’t amused
- Prakash Javadekar accepts what Smriti Irani rejected: PMO idea to let IIMs choose their chiefs
- In standoff with SC on judges’ postings, Govt digs its heels in
- Should bury data, said Ranbaxy chief when R&D head revealed fudge: Tribunal order
The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has started investigating the bogus documents submitted by as many as 141 beneficiaries in the Rs 380 crore flat allotment scheme under Slum Rehabilitation Authority being implemented by the civic body in Sector 22 of Pradhikaran.
The investigation comes after Shiv Sena corporator Seema Savle submitted proofs of the bogus documents submitted by the 141 beneficiaries. Salve had received the documents under an RTI application she made to the medical department of the PCMC. "We have started investigating the complaint. Action will be taken against those found responsible," Municipal Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi said.
PCMC is implementing 11,760 flat scheme under SRA. Initially, the project was planned at an expenditure of Rs 225 crore but now the cost has shot up to Rs 380 crore.
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov
- Pakistan’s foreign policy, founded on hostility towards India, has isolated it globally
- India can gain by being active in the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Civic tech can be an instrument for bringing social change
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?