PCMC launches probe into SRA flat allotment
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has started investigating the bogus documents submitted by as many as 141 beneficiaries in the Rs 380 crore flat allotment scheme under Slum Rehabilitation Authority being implemented by the civic body in Sector 22 of Pradhikaran.
The investigation comes after Shiv Sena corporator Seema Savle submitted proofs of the bogus documents submitted by the 141 beneficiaries. Salve had received the documents under an RTI application she made to the medical department of the PCMC. "We have started investigating the complaint. Action will be taken against those found responsible," Municipal Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi said.
PCMC is implementing 11,760 flat scheme under SRA. Initially, the project was planned at an expenditure of Rs 225 crore but now the cost has shot up to Rs 380 crore.