PDP asks Jammu and Kashmir govt to ensure safety of border residents
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Expressing concern over the ongoing skirmish on the borders, PDP on Saturday asked the state government to take steps to protect lives and properties of civilians living along the border.
"State government should take effective steps to protect lives and properties of civilians living all along the border," PDP candidate for Jammu-Poonch Lok Sabha seat, Yash Pal Sharma said while addressing series of pubic meetings in border constituencies of Bishnah and Suchetgarh.
Sharma reminded the people that it was during the regime of Mufti Mohammad Sayeed there was complete peace on borders from Kathua to Kargil. He claimed that present regime has failed to carry forward the agenda of peace and development.
Lambasting the current Omar Abdullah-led coalition regime for its "failure" to solve problems of the people, he said it has failed to bring transparency and accountability in the governance.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer