PEC fest begins with myriad events
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The inaugural day of the Panjab Engineering College fest on Friday had students across the region participating in various events and recorded a footfall of around 15,000.
Among the various events scheduled for the day included a sports quiz, movie quiz, a solo singing competition and a stage play competition and a stand- up comedy competition. The most popular event of the evening was a dance competition Groovz and a fashion show Glitterati for which a total of 17 teams applied. The first prize in Groovz was won by DAV College Sector 10 and the University Institute of Engineering and Technology stood first in Glitterati.
Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology from Banur stood second in the dance competition. "This year, we have had the participation form schools as well. In the sports quiz, a team of three 18-year-old school students was also short listed and performed as well as the college students," said Eesha Devgan, Head of Public Relations at PEC.
The other events held on Friday included literary events like debate, JAM sessions, word puzzle, spell bee, face painting, graffiti, mug painting and treasure hunt. Couple cricket was also fun where the boys and girls played together.