PEC fest begins with myriad events
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
The inaugural day of the Panjab Engineering College fest on Friday had students across the region participating in various events and recorded a footfall of around 15,000.
Among the various events scheduled for the day included a sports quiz, movie quiz, a solo singing competition and a stage play competition and a stand- up comedy competition. The most popular event of the evening was a dance competition Groovz and a fashion show Glitterati for which a total of 17 teams applied. The first prize in Groovz was won by DAV College Sector 10 and the University Institute of Engineering and Technology stood first in Glitterati.
Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology from Banur stood second in the dance competition. "This year, we have had the participation form schools as well. In the sports quiz, a team of three 18-year-old school students was also short listed and performed as well as the college students," said Eesha Devgan, Head of Public Relations at PEC.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner