PEC fest begins with myriad events
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
The inaugural day of the Panjab Engineering College fest on Friday had students across the region participating in various events and recorded a footfall of around 15,000.
Among the various events scheduled for the day included a sports quiz, movie quiz, a solo singing competition and a stage play competition and a stand- up comedy competition. The most popular event of the evening was a dance competition Groovz and a fashion show Glitterati for which a total of 17 teams applied. The first prize in Groovz was won by DAV College Sector 10 and the University Institute of Engineering and Technology stood first in Glitterati.
Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology from Banur stood second in the dance competition. "This year, we have had the participation form schools as well. In the sports quiz, a team of three 18-year-old school students was also short listed and performed as well as the college students," said Eesha Devgan, Head of Public Relations at PEC.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue