PEC fest begins with myriad events
- 2002-03 Mumbai blasts: Three convicts including Muzammil Ansari awarded life sentence
- Delhi HC refuses to grant interim protection to Virbhadra Singh's children
- President's rule in Uttarakhand: HC rejects Centre's plea for adjournment
- #PanamaPapersIndia Part 3: Bellary baron, tank tycoon, top industrialist
- Panama papers: Amid freeze in Iceland, warmth in Delhi
The inaugural day of the Panjab Engineering College fest on Friday had students across the region participating in various events and recorded a footfall of around 15,000.
Among the various events scheduled for the day included a sports quiz, movie quiz, a solo singing competition and a stage play competition and a stand- up comedy competition. The most popular event of the evening was a dance competition Groovz and a fashion show Glitterati for which a total of 17 teams applied. The first prize in Groovz was won by DAV College Sector 10 and the University Institute of Engineering and Technology stood first in Glitterati.
Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology from Banur stood second in the dance competition. "This year, we have had the participation form schools as well. In the sports quiz, a team of three 18-year-old school students was also short listed and performed as well as the college students," said Eesha Devgan, Head of Public Relations at PEC.
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes
- Shani Shingnapur faceoff: A State For Men
- Our metros are held together by the weak glue of Facebook ties
- New hydrocarbon policy is an improvement. But govt must address ‘softer’ operating issues
- VP Ansari's remarks on protecting minority rights have been made before. But they bear repeating
- Family planning is at the core of the mission to reduce maternal and child mortality