'Peepli Live' director Anusha Rizviís next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'!
Anusha Rizvi, her name may ring a bell, thanks to her critically acclaimed film 'Peepli Live' (2010). Well Anusha who seemed to have taken a sabbatical will soon be returning with her next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'.
The film is based on Amitav Ghosh's book by the same title which was short listed for the Man Booker prize. The story is an adventure set against the backdrop of the opium trade during the British rule in India during the nineteenth century. Besides this, the film will be a typical masala entertainer with a love angle, a revenge saga, adventure and action set against the backdrop of the sea. Anusha will be co-directing the film with Mehmood Farooqui who has worked with her for the past ten years.
Apart from this the film will also delve into the history of India as well as breach the topic of the formation of Mumbai as a city and the revenues that were generated from the opium trade.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi