'Peepli Live' director Anusha Rizviís next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'!
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
Anusha Rizvi, her name may ring a bell, thanks to her critically acclaimed film 'Peepli Live' (2010). Well Anusha who seemed to have taken a sabbatical will soon be returning with her next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'.
The film is based on Amitav Ghosh's book by the same title which was short listed for the Man Booker prize. The story is an adventure set against the backdrop of the opium trade during the British rule in India during the nineteenth century. Besides this, the film will be a typical masala entertainer with a love angle, a revenge saga, adventure and action set against the backdrop of the sea. Anusha will be co-directing the film with Mehmood Farooqui who has worked with her for the past ten years.
Apart from this the film will also delve into the history of India as well as breach the topic of the formation of Mumbai as a city and the revenues that were generated from the opium trade.