'Peepli Live' director Anusha Rizviís next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'!
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Anusha Rizvi, her name may ring a bell, thanks to her critically acclaimed film 'Peepli Live' (2010). Well Anusha who seemed to have taken a sabbatical will soon be returning with her next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'.
The film is based on Amitav Ghosh's book by the same title which was short listed for the Man Booker prize. The story is an adventure set against the backdrop of the opium trade during the British rule in India during the nineteenth century. Besides this, the film will be a typical masala entertainer with a love angle, a revenge saga, adventure and action set against the backdrop of the sea. Anusha will be co-directing the film with Mehmood Farooqui who has worked with her for the past ten years.
Apart from this the film will also delve into the history of India as well as breach the topic of the formation of Mumbai as a city and the revenues that were generated from the opium trade.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage