'Peepli Live' director Anusha Rizviís next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'!
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Anusha Rizvi, her name may ring a bell, thanks to her critically acclaimed film 'Peepli Live' (2010). Well Anusha who seemed to have taken a sabbatical will soon be returning with her next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'.
The film is based on Amitav Ghosh's book by the same title which was short listed for the Man Booker prize. The story is an adventure set against the backdrop of the opium trade during the British rule in India during the nineteenth century. Besides this, the film will be a typical masala entertainer with a love angle, a revenge saga, adventure and action set against the backdrop of the sea. Anusha will be co-directing the film with Mehmood Farooqui who has worked with her for the past ten years.
Apart from this the film will also delve into the history of India as well as breach the topic of the formation of Mumbai as a city and the revenues that were generated from the opium trade.