'Peepli Live' director Anusha Rizviís next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'!
- BRICS Summit: Modi meets Xi, takes up China's UN block on Lakhvi
- My leadership trusts me, no one in BJP asked me for CBI probe: Chouhan
- Victim's father hits back at Hema Malini, says the BJP MP has 'small soch'
- Manipur agitation: Boy killed in police-student clash over Inner Line Permit
- Government to go on the offensive as it braces for stormy monsoon session
Anusha Rizvi, her name may ring a bell, thanks to her critically acclaimed film 'Peepli Live' (2010). Well Anusha who seemed to have taken a sabbatical will soon be returning with her next titled 'Sea Of Poppies'.
The film is based on Amitav Ghosh's book by the same title which was short listed for the Man Booker prize. The story is an adventure set against the backdrop of the opium trade during the British rule in India during the nineteenth century. Besides this, the film will be a typical masala entertainer with a love angle, a revenge saga, adventure and action set against the backdrop of the sea. Anusha will be co-directing the film with Mehmood Farooqui who has worked with her for the past ten years.
Apart from this the film will also delve into the history of India as well as breach the topic of the formation of Mumbai as a city and the revenues that were generated from the opium trade.