Peeved over Asaram row, sadhu chops off genitals in Uttar Pradesh
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Apparently peeved at the allegations against self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, a 50-year-old sadhu chopped off his genitals in Madhavpur village in Amethi, police said on Thursday.
"I am not a follower of Asaram but I am peeved with such allegations against a saint. These allegations are a blot on the fraternity of saints," police sources quoted Sant Baba Premdas of Udaseen Math as having said after his extreme act.
He was rushed to a hospital after he inflicted the injury on himself, police said, adding that he has now been referred to Sultanpur for treatment.
Asaram is facing charges of having sexually assaulted a minor girl at one of his ashrams at Jodhpur in Rajasthan.