Peeved over Asaram row, sadhu chops off genitals in Uttar Pradesh
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Apparently peeved at the allegations against self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, a 50-year-old sadhu chopped off his genitals in Madhavpur village in Amethi, police said on Thursday.
"I am not a follower of Asaram but I am peeved with such allegations against a saint. These allegations are a blot on the fraternity of saints," police sources quoted Sant Baba Premdas of Udaseen Math as having said after his extreme act.
He was rushed to a hospital after he inflicted the injury on himself, police said, adding that he has now been referred to Sultanpur for treatment.
Asaram is facing charges of having sexually assaulted a minor girl at one of his ashrams at Jodhpur in Rajasthan.