Pele undergoing physiotherapy after hip surgery
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A Brazilian hospital says Pele is undergoing physiotherapy following surgery on his right hip.
Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo said that Pele remains in good condition and is already walking around his room.
The hospital said the Brazilian soccer great underwent "total arthroplasty," a procedure aimed at restoring proper function to his hip. The surgery was performed Saturday.
Pele, who turned 72 in October, is expected to leave the hospital this week.
It isn't clear if he will be able to attend the Confederations Cup draw on December 1.
Pele won three World Cup titles with Brazil and scored nearly 1,300 career goals, most of them with Brazilian club Santos.