Pele undergoing physiotherapy after hip surgery
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
A Brazilian hospital says Pele is undergoing physiotherapy following surgery on his right hip.
Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo said that Pele remains in good condition and is already walking around his room.
The hospital said the Brazilian soccer great underwent "total arthroplasty," a procedure aimed at restoring proper function to his hip. The surgery was performed Saturday.
Pele, who turned 72 in October, is expected to leave the hospital this week.
It isn't clear if he will be able to attend the Confederations Cup draw on December 1.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages