People believe that on Kashmir, Modi will be able to do something: Mehbooba
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Mehbooba Mufti explains why while A B Vajpayee was one of the most respected PMs in the state, her party would never align with the BJP. In this Idea Exchange moderated by Editor (Legal Affairs) Maneesh Chhibber, the PDP president also expresses disappointment with Rahul Gandhi, says AAP should be given a chance to prove itself and claims that J&K has come to hate the Omar government.
Maneesh Chhibber: There are rumours that you are joining hands with the BJP.
I will talk about a recent statement. The Chief Minister went to Jammu and said that the PDP is a Pakistani party, look at their flag... But what Omar Abdullah says, his father doesn't. Coming to the point, we have always praised Atal Bihari Vajpayee, because whatever changes we see in Jammu and Kashmir today, were because of him — whether his going to Lahore or inviting Pervez Musharraf after Kargil. After we took over in 2002 and Vajpayee came to Kashmir, he said a few touching words: 'I am going to resolve the Kashmir issue and I extend my hand of friendship to Pakistan.' We have worked with the NDA without being their alliance partner, in contrast to the National Conference. They kicked out Saifuddin Soz when he voted against the BJP. Then Omar became a minister in the Vajpayee government; the NC was present when Godhra happened. Farooq Abdullah was the only one who defended Narendra Modi. Their breaking point came when Vajpayee announced that they were going to have a time-frame for polls, which the NC did not expect because their experience of having an alliance with the party at the Centre was something different. When they formed an alliance with the Congress, they were able to manipulate the Congress leadership in Delhi to rig the Srinagar elections. The PDP stands for more empowerment, self-rule and other things for the resolution of the Kashmir problem. The BJP has an aversion to Article 370. I don't think there is
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express