People believe that on Kashmir, Modi will be able to do something: Mehbooba
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Shastri was the best Congressman; Varun praises Rahul
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
Mehbooba Mufti explains why while A B Vajpayee was one of the most respected PMs in the state, her party would never align with the BJP. In this Idea Exchange moderated by Editor (Legal Affairs) Maneesh Chhibber, the PDP president also expresses disappointment with Rahul Gandhi, says AAP should be given a chance to prove itself and claims that J&K has come to hate the Omar government.
Maneesh Chhibber: There are rumours that you are joining hands with the BJP.
I will talk about a recent statement. The Chief Minister went to Jammu and said that the PDP is a Pakistani party, look at their flag... But what Omar Abdullah says, his father doesn't. Coming to the point, we have always praised Atal Bihari Vajpayee, because whatever changes we see in Jammu and Kashmir today, were because of him — whether his going to Lahore or inviting Pervez Musharraf after Kargil. After we took over in 2002 and Vajpayee came to Kashmir, he said a few touching words: 'I am going to resolve the Kashmir issue and I extend my hand of friendship to Pakistan.' We have worked with the NDA without being their alliance partner, in contrast to the National Conference. They kicked out Saifuddin Soz when he voted against the BJP. Then Omar became a minister in the Vajpayee government; the NC was present when Godhra happened. Farooq Abdullah was the only one who defended Narendra Modi. Their breaking point came when Vajpayee announced that they were going to have a time-frame for polls, which the NC did not expect because their experience of having an alliance with the party at the Centre was something different. When they formed an alliance with the Congress, they were able to manipulate the Congress leadership in Delhi to rig the Srinagar elections. The PDP stands for more empowerment, self-rule and other things for the resolution of the Kashmir problem. The BJP has an aversion to Article 370. I don't think there is
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies