People declares actor Tatum 2012's sexiest man alive
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
People magazine today declared Hollywood actor Channing Tatum the "sexiest man alive" in 2012.
A muscular 32-year-old former model, Tatum has appeared in "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," "21 Jump Street," and "Magic Mike," among other films.
Upon hearing he had been picked for the annual honour, Tatum was modest, the gossip magazine said.
"Y'all are messing with me," it quoted him as saying.
His wife, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, told the magazine that her husband sculpts and likes to quote 19th century author and poet Edgar Allan Poe, as well as offer her massages.
Previous laureates of People's award include actors George Clooney, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt.