People remember Kargil martyrs in Panchkula
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
In Panchkula. rich tributes were paid to the Kargil War martyrs at Major Sandeep Sankhla Memorial in Sector 2. Members of the Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement also took out a candle march on the occasion. Brig Kiran Krishan (retd), coordinator of IESM, meanwhile, demanded that ex-servicemen be given one-rank, one-pension.
He said even though the courts have ruled in favour of the demand and the Central government had agreed to extend the benefit to ex-servicemen, the same is yet to be implemented.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis