People should let Arjun enjoy game: Sachin Tendulkar
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Sachin Tendulkar's son Arjun was among those picked for Mumbai's u-14 squad on Sunday. The 15-member squad will travel to Ahmedabad for the January 20 to February 1 West Zone tournament. Arjun, 13, had made his mark in local tournaments with his all-round skills.
The left-hander has proved to be useful middle-order batsman and an effective medium pacer. Arjun's knock of 124 in the local tournament had a big role to play in the teenager making the cut.
Tendulkar Sr tried to play down his son's big break by saying Arjun needs to left alone. "Like any other parent I feel extremely happy & proud that he is part of Mumbai U-14 team. His hard work has paid off. I hope that people leave him alone to enjoy this beautiful game as a normal member of the team," Tendulkar told The Indian Express.
Squad: Akash Savla, Darshan Padare, Vaishnav Narvekar, Tanush Kotian, Arjun Tendulkar, Azim Shaikh, Omkar Rahate, Abhishek Shetty, Agni Chopra, Druv Vedak, Hashir Dafedar, Manas Raikar, Jay Dave, Jahangir Ansari, Yash Joshi.