People will make Hunkar Rally a huge success: BJP
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
The BJP on Friday again raked up the issue of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar cancelling a dinner for party leaders including Narendra Modi three years ago, and said that people will avenge the "insult" by making Sunday's Hunkar Rally a huge success.
Kumar had cancelled the dinner for BJP leaders at the last minute for the Muslim vote bank, BJP national spokesperson Syed Shahanwaz Hussain alleged on Friday.
He claimed that Muslims will turn up in large numbers to make Modi's rally a success and said that there was a bid to create "fear" among them for Modi, who stands for unity of the people, development and prosperity.
The BJP leader urged the Chief Minister to ensure that people who would come here for the rally from across the state should not be troubled.
Asked to substantiate his charge that the ruling JD(U) might try to create troubles for the rally, Hussain said that he knew the Chief Minister and his party inside out.
Senior BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy claimed that rally would break Kumar's "arrogance".
He also thanked President Pranab Mukherjee for rescheduling his Bihar visit to Saturday, as this will allow the rally to take place without any problems.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota