Pep Guardiola to snub Manchester City’s 'riches' for Manchester United's 'legacy'
- ICC World Twenty20: Sri Lanka end 18-year wait
- Congress alone can counter BJP's "divisive ideology": Manmohan Singh
- Criminal case against Amit Shah, a calculated design: BJP
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights" in UP: Modi
- April 6 Campaign roundup: Mulayam, Mayawati, Kejriwal dreaming of becoming PM, says Kalyan Singh
Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is ready to snub Manchester City's growing advances towards him for the Manchester United job after Sir Alex Ferguson eventually retires.
It was previously reported in media City had told Guardiola to name his price to replace current manager Roberto Mancini, the Daily Star reports. City sporting director Txiki Begiristain met with the Spaniard but the former Barcelona boss told friends it is the United job he wants, it reported.
That is expected to be available in the summer with Ferguson planning to retire but even if he changes his mind, Guardiola is prepared to wait, the paper said.
In a huge snub to City, Guardiola would extend his sabbatical should Fergie decide to stay, the paper added.
Guardiola could double his money at City but is more interested in the Old Trafford project and has met Ferguson over the last few months to discuss it, it further reported
The men have property in New York and are reported to have met at least three times there recently. A three-year deal is on the table for Guardiola who will want two assistants and three new coaches for the clubs's youth programme.
- Rahul Gandhi admits 'mistake' of losing touch with people in Delhi
- There will be serious consequences if Modi becomes PM: Chidambaram
- Mulayam, Mayawati, Kejriwal dreaming of becoming PM: Kalyan Singh
- Congress alone can counter BJP's “divisive ideology”: Manmohan Singh
- Amit Shah booked for his “revenge” remark
- AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death