Pep Guardiola to snub Manchester City’s 'riches' for Manchester United's 'legacy'
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is ready to snub Manchester City's growing advances towards him for the Manchester United job after Sir Alex Ferguson eventually retires.
It was previously reported in media City had told Guardiola to name his price to replace current manager Roberto Mancini, the Daily Star reports. City sporting director Txiki Begiristain met with the Spaniard but the former Barcelona boss told friends it is the United job he wants, it reported.
That is expected to be available in the summer with Ferguson planning to retire but even if he changes his mind, Guardiola is prepared to wait, the paper said.
In a huge snub to City, Guardiola would extend his sabbatical should Fergie decide to stay, the paper added.
Guardiola could double his money at City but is more interested in the Old Trafford project and has met Ferguson over the last few months to discuss it, it further reported