Petition against 'Bigg Boss' for showing women in turbans
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A petition was filed in a local court seeking legal action against television channel Colors and the reality show 'Bigg Boss' for allegedly hurting sentiments of the Sikh community.
The petition targets certain episodes of the show in which women contestants were seen wearing turbans during the promotion of Ajay Devgan starrer 'Son of Sardar'.
The petition filed by activist Gagandeep Singh Bhatia seeks action against the channel, show host Salman Khan, cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Siddhu and the cast of the film -- Devgn, Sanjay Dutt and Sonakshi Sinha.
Bhatia has argued that religious sentiments of the Sikh community were hurt as the religion does not allow women to wear turbans.
The court of first class judicial magistrate Ashutosh Shukla would hear the matter on November 19.