Petition against 'Bigg Boss' for showing women in turbans
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
A petition was filed in a local court seeking legal action against television channel Colors and the reality show 'Bigg Boss' for allegedly hurting sentiments of the Sikh community.
The petition targets certain episodes of the show in which women contestants were seen wearing turbans during the promotion of Ajay Devgan starrer 'Son of Sardar'.
The petition filed by activist Gagandeep Singh Bhatia seeks action against the channel, show host Salman Khan, cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Siddhu and the cast of the film -- Devgn, Sanjay Dutt and Sonakshi Sinha.
Bhatia has argued that religious sentiments of the Sikh community were hurt as the religion does not allow women to wear turbans.
The court of first class judicial magistrate Ashutosh Shukla would hear the matter on November 19.