Petition against Ram Jethmalani for hurting religious sentiments
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
A petition was filed in the court of the first class judicial magistrate Alok Pratap Singh against noted lawyer and BJP member of Rajya Sabha Ram Jethmalani for his remarks about Lord Rama.
The petition filed by 24-year-old Sanjay Gadkar charged Jethmalani with hurting the religious sentiments of the people by his words about Lord Rama.
Gadkar's lawyer Vipin Singh Rathore said the court has fixed December 10 for recording the statement of the petitioner.
Jethmalani had recently described Rama as a "bad husband".