Petition seeking vigilance probe against KGB family members filed
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
A petition seeking Vigilance probe into the allegations of amassment of wealth disproportionate to their sources of income by the family members of former CJI and National Human Rights Commission chairperson Justice K G Balakrishnan, was filed before the Vigilance and Anti corruption Bureau here.
Justice Balakrishnan, his brother K G Bhaskaran and son-in-law P V Sreenijan are first, second and third respondents respectively in the case filed by George Vattakulam, Malayalam Vedi state President.
When the petition came up before the Vigilance special judge, V Jayaraman, he posted the case to Jan 18.
According to the petitioner, justice Balakrishnan was CJI when his relatives allegedly amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income. A vigilance probe was needed for the truth to come out and to book the guilty, he submitted.
The petitioner stated that he family members had landed properties in thrissur and ernakulam districts and in other states as well.
Justice Balakrishnan was receiving government emoluments as NHRC Chairperson so he was being made the first respondent, the petitioner submitted.