Petition seeking vigilance probe against KGB family members filed
- Supreme Court quashes President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh, restores Congress govt
- SC verdict historic, democracy has been protected: Nabam Tuki
- Arunachal verdict: SC has explained meaning of democracy to PM Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
- PM Modi rejects Smriti’s choice of CBSE chief, HRD to have no say
- Kashmir violence: One more succumbs to injuries, death toll reaches 35
A petition seeking Vigilance probe into the allegations of amassment of wealth disproportionate to their sources of income by the family members of former CJI and National Human Rights Commission chairperson Justice K G Balakrishnan, was filed before the Vigilance and Anti corruption Bureau here.
Justice Balakrishnan, his brother K G Bhaskaran and son-in-law P V Sreenijan are first, second and third respondents respectively in the case filed by George Vattakulam, Malayalam Vedi state President.
When the petition came up before the Vigilance special judge, V Jayaraman, he posted the case to Jan 18.
According to the petitioner, justice Balakrishnan was CJI when his relatives allegedly amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income. A vigilance probe was needed for the truth to come out and to book the guilty, he submitted.
The petitioner stated that he family members had landed properties in thrissur and ernakulam districts and in other states as well.
- After Burhan Wani death protests, an illusion is shattered in Kashmir
- How The West Failed Iraq
- New generation of struggle: The longing for freedom in Kashmir will not die its own death
- Textiles sector can benefit enormously from Smriti Irani's affinity for action
- In its new phase, ‘azadi’ struggle in Kashmir is leaderless, and has a strong death wish
- AMU founder intended it to cater to the community’s educational needs