PF account statements now just a click away
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Over 50 million provident fund subscribers can now access their account statements online as the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on Friday launched its e-Passbook service.
Active subscribers whose electronic challan-cum-return is already uploaded, can download their e-Passbook every month under the service launched by the EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner RC Mishra on Friday. The facility shall be available on www.epfindia.gov.in.
Also, the online downloading of PF account statement is not available as of now for members of PF trusts which are set up employers to manage their employees' retirement benefit.
Members can register themselves on the portal by using photo identification number, such as PAN, Aadhaar, National Population Registry, driving licence, passport, voter ID, ration card. They can use their mobile phone numbers as passwords.