PGI & CFSL hold 2-day symposium
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
To commemorate the golden jubilee celebrations of the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, the Department of Forensic Medicine in collaboration with the Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Chandigarh, has organized the National Symposium of Technological Advancements in Forensic Applications and the 11th National Conference of the Indian Congress of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology between January 4-5.
Haryana Lokayukta Justice Pritam Pal was the chief guest and Prof T D Dogra, Director General, SGT Group of Institutions, Gurgaon was the guest of honour at the inaugural function.
While Justice Pritam Pal highlighted the need for technological advancement in forensic medicine and science, Prof Dogra stressed on the need for integrating forensic medicine and science to aid the investigative agencies and justice delivery system.
Prof Dogra, also the President of the Indian Congress of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology (ICFMT), delivered the Jagdish Chandra oration on the theme 'Forensic in Field'. He cited the example of the investigation in the Shopian alleged rape and murder case to illustrate the role of technology and investigation in the delivery of justice.
This followed by lectures by various experts like Prof SK Verma (Forensic Medicine: Demand-Supply Analysis), SK Shukla (Counterfeiting of Drugs: A Menace to the Society), Sanjeev (Role of Forensic Biology in Solving Crime Cases), Prof K Vij (Forensic Diatomology), SK Jain (Speaker Identification and Tape Authentication in Criminal Investigation) and Dr Anupuma Raina (New Variation in old theme of DNA Fingerprinting). The lectures were followed by paper presentations where forensic issues were discussed. The day concluded with a general body meeting of the ICFMT.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today