PGI honours for city’s centurion blood donors
- Cauvery water dispute: Partial relief for Karnataka as SC modifies earlier order
- GST council: Cabinet gives its nod, Modi govt hopeful of implementing tax regime next fiscal
- Poonch: Firing resumes between militants, security forces at mini secretariat building
- Uttar Pradesh: Akhilesh Yadav sacks ministers Gayatri Prajapati, Rajkishore Singh over corruption charges
- Rio Olympics: Only 1.66% of government's funds scheme translated into medals
The Department of Transfusion Medicine, PGIMER, celebrated World Blood Donor Day today during which a total of 15 centurion blood donors were felicitated by Emeritus Professor J G Jolly. Those honored on the occasion included Arun Aggarwal (198 donations), Charanjeet Singh (180 donations), Prag Raj Sharma (177 donations), Harish Sharma (171 donations), Rajinder Garg (150 donations), Sat Paul Bansal (144 donations), Shiv Malhotra Advocate (139 donations), Parveen Moudgil (130 donations), Amar Vivek (118 donations), Ashwani Kumar Munjal (114 donations), Ajay Malhotra (113 donations), Avinder Kumar Khanna (112 donations), Mohinder Singhal (111 donations), Capt Reet M P Singh (110 donations) and Saheb Saran Setia (110 donations).
A voluntary blood donation camp was also conducted by the department at MLN College, Yamunanagar, organised by the Haryana Red Cross Society. All the voluntary donors were provided with certificates, badges, pens and caps as a token of appreciation by the department.
Blood donation camps held in UT
Following the World Health Organization's theme More blood, more life on World Blood Donor's Day 2011, the UT Administration organised various camps in the city today. A blood donation camp was organised by Government Medical Speciality Hospital (GMSH), in association with the Chandigarh State AIDS Control Society. A total of 80 people donated blood on the occasion. Those who have donated blood more than 20 times at the GMSH-16 blood bank were also honored.