PGI MD/MS exam results out
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Two days after the PGIMER re-conducted the entrance examination for admission to the MD/MS courses, the results for the same were declared on Monday.
Officials say that in the first counseling on December 22, 344 students will be called in different categories.
However, in order to make doubly sure, PGI authorities will get verified the finger prints of 344 candidates during the first counseling to match with the biometrics which were taken during the examination.
The results of the exam, which was held on December 8 with 5837 candidates appearing out of the total 7200, were uploaded Monday on the PGI's website.
PGI will hold the first counseling for the qualifying students based on the percentile they have scored in the exam.
There are about 200 seats of MD/MS in the institute in various specialties.
PGI authorities have advised the successful candidates of the examination to bring along their admit cards and that they will be allowed to appear for the counselling only after a finger prints expert verifies them. The candidates are also advised to report one hour before for counselling at 11 am, and those failing to do so may be termed as absent.
The detailed list of the candidates, eligible for the first counselling will be flashed on the PGI website, within a week.