PGI nursing body to join nationwide protest on February 20
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
A general body meeting of PGI Nurses Welfare Association was held at Nivedita Hostel in PGI campus Thursday, which was presided over by the president of the association, Lakhvinder Singh, decided to participate in ensuing agitation on February 20-21. The members of the association will wear black badges while on work on February 20 and will participate in the rally being organised by All India Center Of Trade Unions at Sector 25 Rally Ground, Chandigarh.
Trade union federations have called for agitation throughout India to protest against Foreign Direct Investment. The association is also demanding the constitution of the seventh pay commission.
The PGI Nurses Welfare Association along with the Nurses Union of AIIMS, New Delhi will organise a protest rally at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi on February 27 to press its demands of changing the nomenclature of nurses from Sister Grade 1 and Sister Grade 2 to Senior Nursing Officer and Nursing Officer. The demand has come about as more males are now joining the nursing profession and as such calling them sister is improper. The rally is also being organised to get their demand of allowing them vacations and non-practice allowance on the pattern of doctors. They are also demanding higher pay scale for the merged cadre of ANS and DNS from Rs 5,400 to Rs 6,600.