PGI prof presents paper on hydrogen-breath test in Jaipur
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Professor S V Rana of the Department of Gastroenterology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh, delivered the ISG - CM Habibullah Oration, 2012 on 'Hydrogen breath tests: Significance and controversies' at the 53rd annual conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology that recently concluded in Jaipur.
She was selected for her contribution to the field of hydrogen-breath tests. She has done extensive work on non-invasive hydrogen breath test to diagnose lactose intolerance, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and measure orocecal transit time in different gastrointestinal diseases. Her research revealed that due to different dietary patterns and environmental conditions, Indian population behaved differently compared to people from other countries.
She was also invited by the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry for the task force meeting on 'Impact of laboratory medicine on clinical management and outcome and general conference' in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She was awarded the Travel Grant to present her research work at Seoul International Digestive Disease Symposium held in Korea.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express