PGI resident doctors elect new panel
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president
The election for new ARD (association of resident doctors) of PGIMER, Chandigarh was held and a record number of votes were polled. More than 70 per cent of the residents came up to cast their votes and elect the new ARD panel.
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president of the new ARD.
"Apart from improving the existing hostel and mess facilities, we will try to create facilities for entertainment and extra curricular activities for the residents," he said, after being elected.
Dr Shiba Kalyan, senior resident, Department of Internal Medicine, is the new general secretary of the association. Some of the other members of the panel are Vice President Dr Paramvir Singh, a senior resident of the Department of General Surgery, and Treasurer Dr Ajay Kumar, a senior resident of the Department of Anaesthesia.