PGI resident doctors elect new panel
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president
The election for new ARD (association of resident doctors) of PGIMER, Chandigarh was held and a record number of votes were polled. More than 70 per cent of the residents came up to cast their votes and elect the new ARD panel.
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president of the new ARD.
"Apart from improving the existing hostel and mess facilities, we will try to create facilities for entertainment and extra curricular activities for the residents," he said, after being elected.
Dr Shiba Kalyan, senior resident, Department of Internal Medicine, is the new general secretary of the association. Some of the other members of the panel are Vice President Dr Paramvir Singh, a senior resident of the Department of General Surgery, and Treasurer Dr Ajay Kumar, a senior resident of the Department of Anaesthesia.