PGI resident doctors elect new panel
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president
The election for new ARD (association of resident doctors) of PGIMER, Chandigarh was held and a record number of votes were polled. More than 70 per cent of the residents came up to cast their votes and elect the new ARD panel.
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president of the new ARD.
"Apart from improving the existing hostel and mess facilities, we will try to create facilities for entertainment and extra curricular activities for the residents," he said, after being elected.
Dr Shiba Kalyan, senior resident, Department of Internal Medicine, is the new general secretary of the association. Some of the other members of the panel are Vice President Dr Paramvir Singh, a senior resident of the Department of General Surgery, and Treasurer Dr Ajay Kumar, a senior resident of the Department of Anaesthesia.