PGI resident doctors elect new panel
- Rahul says Modi govt ignoring farmers, Naidu accuses Congress of looting them for 10 years
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
- Satyam case: court rejects pleas of Raju, others
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- Rupee logs biggest fall in 2015: down 55 paise vs dollar
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president
The election for new ARD (association of resident doctors) of PGIMER, Chandigarh was held and a record number of votes were polled. More than 70 per cent of the residents came up to cast their votes and elect the new ARD panel.
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president of the new ARD.
"Apart from improving the existing hostel and mess facilities, we will try to create facilities for entertainment and extra curricular activities for the residents," he said, after being elected.
Dr Shiba Kalyan, senior resident, Department of Internal Medicine, is the new general secretary of the association. Some of the other members of the panel are Vice President Dr Paramvir Singh, a senior resident of the Department of General Surgery, and Treasurer Dr Ajay Kumar, a senior resident of the Department of Anaesthesia.