Photo studio owner accused of rape, Surat police launch hunt
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
The Surat police have booked a photo studio owner for allegedly raping a 22-year-old woman at Parvat village in the district on January 12.
The woman filed a complaint in this regard with the Limbayat police station on Tuesday night, accusing Manoj Jadav, a resident of Shankernagar in Limbayat, of raping her in his car.
Inspector H S Ratnu said, "We have registered a complaint of rape and started investigations. We searched for the suspect at his house and studio but he was found missing. We will arrest him soon."
The woman told the police that she had gone to Jadav's studio a month ago to get some photos saved in her cellphone printed. A few days later, Jadav contacted her and reportedly said that he had some of her photographs with him and asked her to collect them.
When the woman went to his studio last Saturday, Jadav allegedly took her in his car and drove to a deserted place near a highway and allegedly raped her at knife point, the police said.
He allegedly threatened her not to disclose it to anybody, they added.
On Sunday, the woman reportedly went to rail tracks in Udhna area to commit suicide and was rescued by her mother, who was following her. Subsequently, the woman narrated the incident to her parents, who took her to the police station and lodged a complaint, police said.