Physical demarcation of Metro Rail route likely to start from next week
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- EC notice to Azam for Kargil, other remarks
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
The physical demarcation of the Metro Rail route is likely to be started from next week with the tenders to be opened on December 18. Along the route milestones indicative of the route will be installed.
The demarcation is being done after residents from different sectors started approaching the officials of the administration expressing apprehension about acquisition of residential or commercial areas. It was apprehended that in some areas, people might be displaced due to the land acquisition. With there being lack of clarity on the issue, it was decided that physical demarcation be done.
The Metro Rail will have two corridors. The North-South corridor will be from the Capitol Complex to Gurdwara Shaheeda. The East-West corridor will extend from Grain Market in Panchkula to Transport Area in Mullanpur. The demarcation, however, will be done only for the area that falls in Chandigarh.
As per the detailed project report prepared by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, as many as 79 families in the tricity are likely to be affected due to construction of the Metro corridors. Of these, a few will be displaced. Apart from residential buildings, some commercial areas will also be affected.
An official said that after the physical demarcation, there would be some clarity on the land that would come in the route of the Metro Rail. Attempts would be made not to acquire land.
In Chandigarh, the Metro will be underground within the sectoral grid and elevated once it enters the peripheral areas. A total of 30 metro stations will be constructed along the two proposed corridors at an average distance of around 1.2 km. The land adjoining the stations is proposed to be acquired as per the DPR. The plans for the stations have specified certain areas where land could be acquired.
- Narendra Modi invokes Sayajirao Gaekwad as he files nomination
- Maybe I’ll still get to 10,000 Test runs, says Kevin Pietersen
- Jet flight ‘vanished’ for 30 mins over Germany
- Anna sells first-timers NOTA option
- Narendra Modi mentions wife in poll affidavit for the first time
- Naveen record hunt is a tough one