Physically challenged woman raped by brother-in-law in Manipur
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
A physically challenged woman was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law at Tangkham Awang Leikaian village in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Wednesday.
School teacher Laishram Joy Kumar (41) raped the woman (22) when her parents had gone out of their house on October 11.
The following day, the victim was taken to the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital where she underwent medical test and the rape was confirmed, police said.
Kumar, married to a distant cousin of the victim, was arrested on October 14 and remanded to police custody for six days.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18