PIA flight diverted to Lahore to drop officer's daughter
- One needs to be a good listener to become a good orator: PM Modi
- Migrant crisis: Father of drowned Syrian toddler returns to Kobani for burial
- IIT graduate who fled with Harley Davidson held in Mumbai
- Delhi HC allows permanent commission for women in Indian Navy
- Hindu group forces Muslim writer in Kerala to stop Ramayana column
A Pakistan International Airlines flight going from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore so that an airline employee's daughter could get off, according to media reports today.
Passengers on Flight PK-562 of the state-run carrier were given various reasons for the unscheduled landing at Lahore.
Initially they were informed that the aircraft was landing due to technical reasons.
When the passengers began protesting, they were told the aircraft had landed to be refuelled as there was no fuel in Islamabad.
However, passengers on board the flight told Geo News channel that the aircraft had landed in Lahore so that PIA Captain Tariq Javed's daughter could get off.
They said they had seen the girl getting off the plane.
The aircraft resumed its journey after a protest by the passengers.