PIA flight diverted to Lahore to drop officer's daughter
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
A Pakistan International Airlines flight going from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore so that an airline employee's daughter could get off, according to media reports today.
Passengers on Flight PK-562 of the state-run carrier were given various reasons for the unscheduled landing at Lahore.
Initially they were informed that the aircraft was landing due to technical reasons.
When the passengers began protesting, they were told the aircraft had landed to be refuelled as there was no fuel in Islamabad.
However, passengers on board the flight told Geo News channel that the aircraft had landed in Lahore so that PIA Captain Tariq Javed's daughter could get off.
They said they had seen the girl getting off the plane.
The aircraft resumed its journey after a protest by the passengers.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon