Pierce Brosnan settles legal spat over Beatles painting
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Former James Bond star Pierce Brosnan has revealed he settled a secret legal spat with Beatle legend Paul McCartney's brother over a photo he recreated as a painting for his late wife.
Michael McCartney threatened legal action against the 59-year-old actor after realising his Just Four Guys piece was a colourful reinterpretation of the photographer's black and white shot of the Beatles, reported Contactmusic.
Brosnan painted the picture for his wife Cassandra Harris, who was a big Beatles fan, and had no idea it would cause a fuss.
Showing off the picture and the original McCartney photo during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, the movie star said, "Michael, bless him, took a little umbrage at it... because it's copyrighted and I didn't know anything about copyright... I just did the painting for her.
"Anyway, all is good. Michael's happy, I'm happy..." Harris died in 1991 and Brosnan is now married to journalist-author Keely Shaye Smith.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express