Pierce Brosnan settles legal spat over Beatles painting
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
Former James Bond star Pierce Brosnan has revealed he settled a secret legal spat with Beatle legend Paul McCartney's brother over a photo he recreated as a painting for his late wife.
Michael McCartney threatened legal action against the 59-year-old actor after realising his Just Four Guys piece was a colourful reinterpretation of the photographer's black and white shot of the Beatles, reported Contactmusic.
Brosnan painted the picture for his wife Cassandra Harris, who was a big Beatles fan, and had no idea it would cause a fuss.
Showing off the picture and the original McCartney photo during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, the movie star said, "Michael, bless him, took a little umbrage at it... because it's copyrighted and I didn't know anything about copyright... I just did the painting for her.
"Anyway, all is good. Michael's happy, I'm happy..." Harris died in 1991 and Brosnan is now married to journalist-author Keely Shaye Smith.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players