PIL against Gadkari: HC bench recuses itself
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
A division bench of Bombay High Court on Thursday recused itself from hearing a public interest litigation seeking a probe into alleged financial embezzlement by former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari.
After the case was taken up on Thursday, the HC Bench said the matter would not be heard before them. The PIL will now be allotted to another bench of the High Court.
Judges may decide to recuse themselves for a variety of reasons. The bench has, however, not given any reason for recusing itself.