PIL demands CBI probe into Asaram Bapu case
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) was today filed in Rajasthan High Court seeking a CBI probe into the allegations of sexual exploitation against self- styled godman Asaram Bapu.
New Delhi-resident Ajay Gautam filed the plea today saying there were question marks over the ongoing police probe into the case.
Gautam alleged that despite constant threats to the victim's family, police was going slow in its probe. "Had it been a common man, police would have first arrested him and then proceeded with the investigation. But Asaram was given an unreasonable amount of time before his arrest," the petitioner said. Hearing the petitioner, a division bench of Chief Justice Amitav Roy and Justice Arun Bhansali deferred the hearing by two weeks.