Pimpri: octroi to be levied in 3 slabs
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
The general body meeting on Monday of the Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation approved a proposal to bring uniformity in octroi rates.
In effect, this means the octroi rates would be charged under three slabs in Pimpri-Chinchwad 1 per cent, 2.40 per cent and 8 per cent.
PCMC Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi said there was a lot of confusion about levying octroi on different items and raw material.
"Everyday this created confusion and arguments at octroi posts. Therefore, we decided to bring in uniformity in octroi rates," he said.
The general body approved the administration's proposal by a majority vote. Officials said earlier there were 18 rates which were brought down to six and now various items will be charged under the three rates.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment