Pistachio prices fall on sluggish demand
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Pistachio prices declined by Rs 10 per kg in the national capital today owing to sluggish demand from retailers and stockists.
Adequate stocks position following increased arrivals from overseas markets also put pressure on pistachio prices.
Pistachio (hairati and peshawari) eased by Rs 10 to Rs 800-900 and Rs 1,050-1,090 per kg, respectively.
Traders said sluggish demand from retailers and stockists against fresh arrivals, mainly pulled down pistachio prices on the wholesale dry fruit market here.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg): Almond (California) Rs 13,400 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.
Almond Kernel (California) Rs 490-510 per kg, Almond Kernel (Gurbandi-new) Rs 350-425 per kg.