Pistachio prices fall on sluggish demand
- Vyapam scam: No injuries on TV journalist Akshay Singh's body, says post-mortem report
- PM Narendra Modi, Nawaz Sharif to meet on sidelines of SCO Summit
- Meghalaya: 5 taken ill after consuming instant noodles in Shillong, FIR lodged
- FTII row: After Pallavi Joshi, Jahnu Barua offers his resignation to I&B Ministry
- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
Pistachio prices declined by Rs 10 per kg in the national capital today owing to sluggish demand from retailers and stockists.
Adequate stocks position following increased arrivals from overseas markets also put pressure on pistachio prices.
Pistachio (hairati and peshawari) eased by Rs 10 to Rs 800-900 and Rs 1,050-1,090 per kg, respectively.
Traders said sluggish demand from retailers and stockists against fresh arrivals, mainly pulled down pistachio prices on the wholesale dry fruit market here.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg): Almond (California) Rs 13,400 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.
Almond Kernel (California) Rs 490-510 per kg, Almond Kernel (Gurbandi-new) Rs 350-425 per kg.