Pistachio prices fall on sluggish demand
Pistachio prices declined by Rs 10 per kg in the national capital today owing to sluggish demand from retailers and stockists.
Adequate stocks position following increased arrivals from overseas markets also put pressure on pistachio prices.
Pistachio (hairati and peshawari) eased by Rs 10 to Rs 800-900 and Rs 1,050-1,090 per kg, respectively.
Traders said sluggish demand from retailers and stockists against fresh arrivals, mainly pulled down pistachio prices on the wholesale dry fruit market here.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg): Almond (California) Rs 13,400 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.
Almond Kernel (California) Rs 490-510 per kg, Almond Kernel (Gurbandi-new) Rs 350-425 per kg.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi