Pistachio prices fall on sluggish demand
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Pistachio prices declined by Rs 10 per kg in the national capital today owing to sluggish demand from retailers and stockists.
Adequate stocks position following increased arrivals from overseas markets also put pressure on pistachio prices.
Pistachio (hairati and peshawari) eased by Rs 10 to Rs 800-900 and Rs 1,050-1,090 per kg, respectively.
Traders said sluggish demand from retailers and stockists against fresh arrivals, mainly pulled down pistachio prices on the wholesale dry fruit market here.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg): Almond (California) Rs 13,400 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.