Pistachio prices fall on sluggish demand
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Pistachio prices declined by Rs 10 per kg in the national capital today owing to sluggish demand from retailers and stockists.
Adequate stocks position following increased arrivals from overseas markets also put pressure on pistachio prices.
Pistachio (hairati and peshawari) eased by Rs 10 to Rs 800-900 and Rs 1,050-1,090 per kg, respectively.
Traders said sluggish demand from retailers and stockists against fresh arrivals, mainly pulled down pistachio prices on the wholesale dry fruit market here.
The following are today's quotations (per 40 kg): Almond (California) Rs 13,400 Almond (Gurbandi-new) Rs 7,000-7,800; Almond (Girdhi) Rs 3,200-3,400; Abjosh Afghani Rs 8,000-20,000.
Almond Kernel (California) Rs 490-510 per kg, Almond Kernel (Gurbandi-new) Rs 350-425 per kg.