'Pistorius brother faces trial over fatal car crash'
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The older brother of South African star athlete Oscar Pistorius has been charged with culpable homicide over a car accident in 2010, local media reported today.
Carl Pistorius allegedly killed a woman motorcyclist while driving outside Johannesburg, the eNews Africa television channel and radio station Eyewitness News reported, citing his lawyer Kenny Oldwage.
His trial had been due to start last Thursday, a day before his famous brother, an Olympic and Paralympic hero, was granted bail on a charge of murder over the Valentine's Day killing of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
Carl Pistorius's trial was pushed back a month, but the specific date is not known.
He had been in court in Pretoria last week with his sister Aimee and father Henke to support his brother.
Oldwage, who also represents Oscar Pistorius, was not immediately reachable for comment.
Oscar Pistorius, the 26-year-old double amputee athlete known as "Blade Runner" was released on one million rand ($112,770) bail on Friday. He is due back in court on June 4.
He says the shooting of his 29-year-old model girlfriend was an accident and that he mistook her for a burglar.