Pistorius case: Now, Indian-origin magistrate's cousin involved in murder
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
In another twist in the Oscar Pistorius murder trial, it has been revealed that the Indian-origin magistrate in the case, Desmond Nair's cousin is suspected of killing herself and her two sons on Sunday, just days after shock revelations emerged about Bladerunner's brother Carl and the investigating officer Hilton Botha.
Nair, who is presiding over the Paralympian's murder case, revealed he is related to a woman suspected of killing her two children and herself last weekend, the Daily Mirror reports.
44-year old Anusha Mooljee's ex-husband recovered her dead body along with the dead bodies of sons Ashiel, 17, and Ashveer, 12, in Johannesburg by her ex-husband on Sunday.
The woman is believed to have poisoned her children then herself, and magistrate said he could confirm the deceased is his first cousin Nair became the latest prominent figure linked to the case to find his own life in the media spotlight. Last week, investigating officer Hilton Botha was sensationally dropped from the case after it emerged he is facing seven counts of attempted murder, the paper reported.
Botha is due to appear in court in May with two other police officers after allegedly firing shots while trying to stop a mini-van in an incident in October 2011.
The case took yet another twist on Sunday when it was revealed that the athlete's brother is also facing charges over the death of a woman.
Carl Pistorius is charged with culpable homicide after a female motorcyclist died after colliding with his car in Vanderbijlpark, south of Johannesburg, in 2010, the paper reported.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov