Pitroda, Swaraj, Bachchan to be honoured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Technology expert Sam Pitroda, politician Sushma Swaraj, actor Amitabh Bachchan, and Swami Tejomayananda of Chinmaya Mission will be honoured with the South Indian Education Society (SIES) Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati National Eminence award on December 25 at the Shanmukhananda auditorium, Matunga. The award is part of the Kanchi Mahaswami festival, which will be held from December 21 to 27.
So far, 48 people have been honoured with the award, and previous recipients include Shankar Dayal Sharma, A P J Abdul Kalam, R Chidambaram, Jayant Narlikar, Somnath Chatterjee, M S Subbulakshmi, Lata Mangeshkar, Varghese Kurien, Sunil Dutt and Dilip Kumar.
On December 21, co-hosts Shanmukhananda Fine Arts & Sangeetha Sabha, will also award violinist L Subramaniam the Sri Jayendra Saraswati National Eminence Award, which will be followed by his performance. On December 22, noted Carnatic singer M Balamuralikrishna will be presented the Lifetime Achievement award by governor K Sankaranarayanan.
Grammy awardee T H Vinayakaram will be presenting the Mahaswami Sangeethanjali on December 26. The sankaracharya of Kanchi, Jayendra Saraswati Swamigal will be present on all the occasions.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18