Plane plunges into sea in China, Crew rescued
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A three-member crew on board a US-made Cirrus SR22 plane had a lucky escape after they made a successful emergency landing in the sea off the coast of south China's Guangdong Province today.
The plane was owned by Zhuhai Hanxing General Aviation, the Zhuhai municipal maritime bureau said.
All three of the plane's crew members were saved by a rescue team made up of local fishermen, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the bureau as saying.
The accident was caused by an engine failure, according to an initial investigation.
The plane's crew made a successful emergency landing in the sea after failing to restart the engine, the report said.
The crew waited for rescue on floating seat cushions, said Zhao Liancheng, head of the general aviation company and one of the plane's crew members.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid